Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello

       Hello, my name is Joe Wooten. I am an 19 year old fist year student at the UNC School of the Arts. My major is classical guitar. I am a native of Greensboro, North Carolina, a short twenty minute drive from my school in Winston-Salem. This blog which I have created is for an academic class which I am enrolled, "Digital Media for the Arts".
       Although I was born in Raleigh, North Carolina and lived near there for a few years, I consider myself to have really grown up in Greensboro. I am part of a family of four including my two parents and my older brother. I am not sure of where exactly my ancestors are from, but just about all of my family that is alive today is from different parts of North Carolina.
        I began playing guitar around four years ago. I quickly developed a love for all kinds of music and decided I wanted to pursue a career in music. I think it was the right choice, as I am fully enjoying this first year of college.
        My advice to anyone of any age is to always be exposing yourself to new things. By doing so you will surely find new things you are interested in and passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment